Here’s a cool project you can do yourself. We created a set of shelves out of threaded 1/2” lead pipe, flanges, casters and 2x12 lumber.
We followed these steps:
(1) we had our local hardware store cut and thread the lead pipe
(2) we spray painted the lead pipe, flanges & casters
(3) we cut the lumber to the appropriate length, in this case 42”
(4) we scuffed up the lumber and stained it
(5) we assembled everything in place because the unit is very heavy.
Because of the weight we suggest securing the shelves to the wall. The result is a sturdy set of shelves with an authentic appeal.